Tuesday, March 23, 2021

You've Got to Read Between the Lines

 One of my dad's favorite albums which he enjoyed sharing with us was "Sports Car Songs" by folk legend Oscar Brand.  One of the songs is titled "You've Got to Read Between the Lines" referring to ads for available "wheels" so to speak to purchase or acquire.   Well, I was walking today and reading my pocket bible in my favorite street spot in my town, and I was studying this verse:


John 15: 3-4

" you are already clean because of the Word which I have spoken to you.
Abide in me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me."

 

So, I was thinking.   You are already clean because of the word.  I think many people try to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.  It has already been done for you.  You cannot do it again!  By trying to do what God has already done, at times we fall into error in a "works" type of effort.   People will say, "oh, so you're saying that prostitutes are better!"  Well, ironically, the bible say, "yes" , at times!  Let God do it.  He has already.  Avoid an uncircumcised heart.   When we are weak, then He is strong.

 

God bless, 

 

d

No comments:

Post a Comment