Monday, May 22, 2017

My Husband

Dear readers: It's been a couple of days.  I read where blogs are only effective if you post frequently, so I'm taking the time to do one today.  Rainy and miserable in the Northeastern town.  Good day for blogging!  The lyrics to this song were written with no prior knowledge of the subject, but not bad.  It is one of the songs I submitted to John Chisom, a Christian songwriter, for critique.  It goes something like this:


My Husband

I heard someone mention her husband
A caring , trusting reference
I longed for such a tribute
Wondered how it felt


He most likely trusts in her
furniture, bed and dishes
confidence and wishes
kiss the kids goodnight


It is a blessing of God
that appears in tangible ways
not just in biblical words
but with feelings in the soul

I heard someone mention her husband
though some may call it trust
I think it was more loving
A question at the time


No comments:

Post a Comment