Saturday, May 13, 2017

A Bird Rapt Softly on My Window Pane

this song is poignant....I don't have all the chords down, and I guessed here at some...I'll compose the rest of it later.  I wrote it in the 90's somewhere:

   G             C                   D7
a bird rapt softly on the window pane

G                                   D7      G
why did you come to bother me?

 G                  C                   D7
I'm layin' in bed a-keepin' to myself and

              G         C       D7
I don't need no company
      
the agony

and the poverty of this world


has left me bound into a knot





the bird gazed proudly to the westward sun
there was a teardrop in her eye
the lullabys
and the apple pies
she cries
as her youngest baby flies



I gazed uncertain toward the westward sun
takin' a moment to reflect
the syncopance
and the resonance
on the window sill
of the tears that filter to my soul


d

No comments:

Post a Comment