Sunday, June 11, 2017

Repent, O Soul and stuff: I Am a Sinner

I 'm not the repentant sin forsaken guy, but I wrote this song of redemption.  It's not a crusade...most of the time I try to fleece myself from self-righteousness.   But  a Hymn's- a - common to many a Christian songwriter, and this one is most like a hymn.  Enjoy.  (in Amaj):



I Am a Sinner

              A
I am a sinner
                         C#m
but Christ redeemed me
             D
even when I fall
                   E        
His shining light sustains me



come on, sinless dawn
fight the battle for me
my inner being is crushed
but not destroyed


felled by the sword
I rise again
His love sustains me
come on, sinless dawn

I hope you like it from a guy who gets messed up on two O'Doul's.  Hardly the ravaged sinner.


d
  

No comments:

Post a Comment