Friday, June 2, 2017

Sometimes


I don't pretend to be a mega-Christian, but I do like to express my thoughts, whether they are perceived to be extreme or not.  This song is about how people tend to forget God in our daily lives.  We all do and I almost totally do!  We all do it "Sometimes".  This is a song about that.  I performed it on FB about a week ago.  (in  Fmaj)


Sometimes
F
working hard
 E
blinders on
     Dm
tunnel vision
Am
I forget Him
Em
sometimes



no time to be nice
good thoughts
bad thoughts
whatever
I regret Him
sometimes


where is He
it's so hard
gonna make it
hook or crook
I forsake Him
sometimes


I don't bother
I'm no quitter
just want dinner
I mistake Him
sometimes


what will I be
faith in what I see
it escapes me
I ignore Him
sometimes


boy, I did it
what comes with it
the nail we hit it
I disclaim Him
sometimes


got my morals
and my laurels
stay out of quarrels
I belittle Him
sometimes


I'm so tired
can't get fired
boy, I'm wired!
I control Him
sometimes


beat the system
I don't know Him
time to punch in
I forget Him
sometimes


 






No comments:

Post a Comment