Saturday, July 8, 2017

You Don't Know Me From Adam

Down the road at work I've met plenty of young girls.  Many have shared their insights and wisdom with me, sometimes in a roundabout way.  This is a song describing my tamed rebellious nature by these ministers.   Ahem, another blog alas!   I keep truckin'....(Cmaj: I-IV-♭III-♭VI)


You Don't Know Me from Adam
      C                     F
she met me on the way to work
         E♭                            A♭
it seemed she knew my plight

she really didn't know my problems

but knew I was in flight


"you don't know me from Adam!"
I said without hesitation
she sighed and she said "talk to me"
it made it hard to fight


You don't know me from Adam
it's been about an hour
you know she really didn't
but now somehow I do


It is a short song.   You can repeat the words and use them as a fourth and fifth stanza.  The tempo is negotiable,  either a staccato single-stroke strum or a meaningful, pensive picking pattern.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment