Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Jim Lovell

 Jim Lovell


You know one of my favorite films is "Apollo 13" which recounts the Apollo 13 predicament, a NASA space mission in the early 1970s which went defunct due to a mechanical failure pertaining the the structure of the spacecraft.   Tom Hanks, the actor who portrayed Lovell in the film, relates Jim's observation that they the astronauts aboard the craft were not the true heroes in getting the disparaged crew home safely.   It actually people down on earth mainly at the Houston based Johnson Space Center who capitulated an devised a plan to save the lives of he and the crew.  Isn't that true for everyone.  At times, when I'm writing songs or playing my music, I think of so many people who offered in an indirect way wisdom which added to my person without which the manifestation of any talent which I might possess would never have occurred.  Quite honestly , I'd still be in a mental vacuum no any doubt!  


Remember not your achievements but the blockers who moved your obstacles from the path.


God Bless and have a good day,


d

No comments:

Post a Comment