Friday, November 27, 2020

Aspects

 Aspects

 

People have so many aspects as believers.   There is faith.  There is sin.  There is integrity.   There is conflict.  Nobody is all of them all of the time.  You want certain goals in your life, but you are not always true to them.  You wish not to sin and have everyone think you're so sincere, but you are not.  The bible says, "but a faithful man, who can I find?"   It true in the real life experience sense.  It is one thing to have people tell you, reassure you, and comfort you in this, but it is better to experience it yourself in a way which relates to your actual life experience.  Too many times and I've seen it all too often that  people revel in this finding things that are better about them than others.   This is hard to realize and navigate, at least for me.    So many times I find fault with others.  I do it all the time.  It takes time to set your priorities, your talents, your personality, and your fulfillment in life in being a son or daughter of Christ, if you will, in perspective, or at least in greater, more peaceful , assuring, graceful living .   I sound rather like Jim Daly lol.  I am not! 

p.s. I had a boss once a woman named Pat.  She noticed by my mannerism in whatever I was doing at the time at work that I was trying to act out some biblical virtue.  She sarcastically commented, "he read it, and he did it, yes sir!" or something to that effect.  But I learned a great deal from this small incident.  We often think we are going to be these great, balanced, cogently wise Christians in less than a fortnight!  It never happens!   Mother always said life is a process, and don't worry about anyone finding you out. It is everyone.


 

God Bless,

 

d

No comments:

Post a Comment