Thursday, November 26, 2020

Bill Jacobs

 Bill Jacobs


Bill Jacobs was a member of a Baptist Church where I got saved in Clear Lake, Texas back in the late 80's with his lovely wife Donna.   They were in the Single's Outreach group before they got married.   He helped me move with his pick-up truck into my one bedroom apartment in the Braeswood section of Houston when my mother passed away.  We had gone on in the Single's but one day Bill said to us off-the-cuff, "watching a lot of movies, huh?"  Well, I perceived this as an accute observation.  Although there was nothing wrong with partaking and enjoying the "baby boomer" movies of the period,  he was pointing out that perhaps our focus was more on the films than our relationship to the Lord.    I always remember Bill and his admonishment.   I hope that this Thanksgiving Bill and Donna are well wherever they might be.


God Bless, and Happy Thanksgiving,


d

No comments:

Post a Comment